Re: What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?

Sarah k Alawami

I also recommend fubar 2000 as well. I have shortcuts set up for play rewind and volume ETC. And by the way do not ever ever ever load stuff into the winamp library. Just use explore and find it. This is how I did stuff all the time when I used to use it.

On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Casey <cwollner@wi.rr.com> wrote:

Hi if you down load this software what is the best way to install it and set it up for the best results?

Also what kind of learning curve does it have?

On 1/5/2018 3:39 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Gom player offers full interface via context menu and shortcut keys - it's my current multimedia player software:

http://www.gomlab.com/

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2018/01/05 09:25, John Isige wrote:
Hi all. I'm looking for a Winamp replacement, since it keeps crashing, apparently the amount of music I have is just too much for it. I like Winamp's minimal interface. I don't have to tab all over the place to get to things, I don't have to hit weird alt function key combinations, stuff like that. I loathe iTunes, in case anybody wants to suggest it. Also, I'm looking for something modern, or at least maintained, so please don't start telling me about how if you find just the right website, you can download a version of Windows Media Player from twelve ears ago that's awesome!

I tried playing with Groove a bit. It works, but there seems to be no keyboard shortcuts to speak of, at least not that I saw, and it was tab central through a bunch of stuff I don't really care about. But maybe I just need to learn it better. I organize my own music, so other than pointing it at a folder and letting it go on random or shuffle or whatever, I don't think I need an organizer. I thought of VLC but I'm not sure if that has enough control or accessibility, though I gather you can make whatever keyboard shortcuts for it you want, so it's a possibility.

If anybody's got recommendations, I'd surely appreciate some. I'd keep using Winamp, but apparently 200 plus GB of music is the point at which Winamp throws up its hands and runs away to hide in a closet. So I guess it's time to use something else, which is too bad, because I still dig Winamp.

--

Casey