Re: Foobar 2000 (was RE: [nvda] What do we like for a media playerbesides Winamp?)

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hi David.

I do use VLC for my videos and I agree that it’s the best. However, I think the playlist features in Winamp are still more to my liking for audio playback. I also find some of the more complex VLC features a little difficult to use for a screen-reader. Setting the equalizer (especially getting the programme to keep your settings), or synchronising video/audio tracks together, is a bit of a  pain, but certainly doable, although I admit to having resorted to sighted assistance a couple of times.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: January 5, 2018 6:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Foobar 2000 (was RE: [nvda] What do we like for a media playerbesides Winamp?)

I love VLC media player!

It is also a music editor, you can play DVD’s, or just play your music. There are many key commands for VLC.

Press spacebar to play and pause,

Shift+right arrow to fast forward and rewind a little bit, and press alt+arrow keys and CTRL+arrow keys to do the same by larger amounts. You can access a lot from the menus. VLC has been my favorite media player for two years now!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10