Re: Issues With Number Processing or Display On Creative Labs Web Page

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I almost never used Internet Explorer.  I tried this number issue on the referenced page with Internet Explorer 11 from Windows 8.1.  It still shows the same misrepresentation as does NVDA, but for some reason, a number of synthesizers pronounce it differently.  With punctuation turned to all, you hear a price which using individual character (left/right arrow keys) movement, shows the same for example, $16.99 reads $16999.  However, the voices/synthesizer say (spelling this out for clarification) dollars 16 ninety nine.

This is interesting and I'm afraid I don't have the technical knowledge to determine just what is happening.

On 4/30/2016 1:14 AM, Patrick Le Baudour wrote:
Hi,

not surprising... they don't put any point, they put the cents in small, placed like an exponant. In code, that means

$DDD<sup>CC</sup>

-- Patrick

Le 30/04/2016 à 04:17, Shaun Everiss a écrit :
Yes I have that issue with a computer site in firefox.
I think what is happening is that decimal points are just not being
rendered.
Ie if something says it is 30.00 it will say 3000.
if say something is 20000.44
you will get 1600044.
If the price seems to high, you may try to manually add in the points,
sometimes it works well enough sometimes but more often not.
Its like some things that are for old ie and other things who knows.
But the pages are not getting their points rendered right and have been
in firefox for a while now.

On 30/04/2016 8:49 a.m., Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  When I visit the
below web page on the Creative Laqs site, I get oddities with the prices
for the various products.  For example, many of the prices are
ridiculously high such as $16999 for a set of small portable speakers.
When examining it closely, it seems these figures are deleting a decimal
point and replacing it with the first digit after the decimal point.  So
the above example should actually read $16.99.  This has happened a
number of times over the years.  Here is the page.

http://us.creative.com/estore/?utm_source=eDialog&utm_medium=Mailer&utm_campaign=Mailer_16.0429_SoundBlasterXH7

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"