Re: Foobar 2000 (was RE: [nvda] What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?)

Arlene

Oh right on. I’ve only used Windows Media player, real player and winamp in the xp days. But I use only winamp on this 7 box.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mk360
Sent: January-05-18 4:15 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Foobar 2000 (was RE: [nvda] What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?)

Hi,

I use foobar2000, it's last stable version is accessible, you can set key commands on the preferences menu (by default many are disabled) it has many plugins to give more functions, for example I use plugins for monkeys audio, an other to cast to chromecast, etc.

I also use VLC, but for music I prefer Foobar2000 wich I feel more accessible.

Regards,

mk

El 05/01/2018 a las 19:34, JM Casey escribió:

So the thread here reminded me I wanted to try this out. I’m really interested in getting this one going. Not sure if it’ll replace winamp exactly as I’m quite happy with it, but it’ll be nice to have another audio player that actually works and does everything I want it to. That stuff from Microsoft just will never cut it, and I never did get really used to or happy with using VLC for audio playback (still the only video player for me).

Looking at their site, I notice there are *loads* of extensions  and plug-ins available. So I ask you foobar users – what are those essential add-ons that you use or can recommend?

Also if I remember right from playing with it in my XP days, you assign the keyboard commands by editing ini files. I assume all of you have customised the programme quite extensively. Tell me about this, just so I have a starting point here. What is your setup?