Re: Having posting privileges, but not receiving email in my inbox for this list?

Brandon,

           Are you willing to access the groups.io website?  Even if this isn't how you'd like to participate on a regular basis, to tweak your subscription settings.  You can get pretty much precisely the combination you're describing by making your e-mail choice either one of the digests and then using the Advanced preferences to make the content of those digests have you get messages you're following only, along with the first message of every new thread, along with auto-following any thread you might reply to.

           Given what has been said about groups.io I'd have to believe that all of this is accessible with the screen reader of your choice.  You may even find that you prefer to check out what's been happening on the messages with threaded view interface via the website.