Re: New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

Jason White

You could also try https://web.skype.com/

In some browsers, no plug-in is required. I haven’t tested it extensively.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 5:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

Wow! Thank you for this link. Will this work with Windows 10 as well? I'm not much a fan of the Universal app version of Skype. Don't get me wrong. It's O... Kayyyy, but, I definitely don't prefer it.

I don't have all the issue with Skype that a lot of people seem to have, in fact, I personally enjoy using it, so if I can get that Universal version uninstalled in Windows 10, and get rid of the classic version, that would be fantastic!

On 1/6/2018 11:39 AM, Marten Post Uiterweer wrote:

Rich,

Remove your current skype installation and install the skype classic
version from this link: If you do not remove the old installation, you
will get two skype versions after installation of the classic version.
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards, Marten

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:32:53 -0000 "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists@...> wrote:

I've never had it force an update on windows 7. it always asks to which I say politely no thanks.
 I'm not sure how one gets the old version.
However there does seem to have been a long history with Skype mucking it up on every update they do. I hardly ever use it these days personally, but for many years the tendency to hi jack the audio settings and not put them back afterwards seemed rather draconian to me.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-