Re: So what can you do, and how can you do it, with VLC?

Arno Schuh

In addition, VLC can be reached by its web interface. So you have another kind of use the player.
Further there are additional possibilities to use VLC, i. e. there are a software called VLC Remote. So you can use VLC on your computer via the VLC Remote app on your smartphone.

Arno

Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2018 02:25 schrieb John Isige <gwynn@...>:

so anybody got tips for VLC then? I'm sorry, I'm gonna need a little
more than play and pause and moving through a file. Can I load
playlists? Can I open folders? Can I arrow through a list of files and
play one of them? Can it play randomly? How do you do previous and
next tracks/files/whatever? I mean, I don't really need huge media
manipulation abilities, and I very often play things from explorer,
but I'm not going to do that for everything.

And sometimes I just want to point a media player at a folder and have
it play stuff randomly, or make specific playlists, e.g. if I'm
figuring out stuff to burn to a CD or want to listen to, say, all of
the recordings I have of folk music with flutes that use a vocal drone if
I'm practicing. If this thing's so awesome like all y'all seem to
think, and I'm not saying it isn't, you gotta bring more to the table
than it can play and pause and move forward and backward through a track. That
kind of stuff is fine for a single video file, but not for a
collection of stuff.

And while I'm sure VLC can do all of that and more, I haven't really
messed with it, mostly because it's only become more accessible fairly
recently. So hit us with some info, because I'm pretty interested in
trying it out with audio. I like what I've seen of Foobar 2000 so far,
but I've already got VLC for videos, so I'll quite happily try it with
audio stuff. If it works out, it could save me a ton of work
customizing Foobar.

On 1/6/2018 15:47, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
same here it is all I use.

On 05/01/2018 23:22, David Moore wrote:
I love VLC media player!

It is also a music editor, you can play DVD’s, or just play your
music. There are many key commands for VLC.

Press spacebar to play and pause,

Shift+right arrow to fast forward and rewind a little bit, and press
alt+arrow keys and CTRL+arrow keys to do the same by larger amounts.
You can access a lot from the menus. VLC has been my favorite media
player for two years now!

David Moore

Windows 10