Re: espeak

Lino Morales

I agree with you Bryan. When you demos of any type using speech weither its a podcast etc the no.1 rule should be to slow down your synth you use. I've emailed the good people of Cool Blind Tech with a friendly post suggesting them to do this. They never responded.

On 4/30/2016 4:45 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Yes but many beginners have issues. If even I listen to some of the demos on cool blind tech and other sites, I find more often than not that the user has the speed turned up far too high to be understandable unless they are using the exact same voice as you are.
Often I'd prefer say, the speech platform Hazel voice to read documents to me, but the irritating number of words it needs to have in its dictionary to sound right is quite a problem, indeed in nvda and other software, that and the Microsoft sapi voices do have an annoying tendency to expand inappropriate abbreviations into the US standard not the UK ones.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete" <emac00@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] espeak

hi
Espeak is probably the best open source synthesizer available! Definitely a keeper!
Just my preference, I don't care for the "natural" sounding synthesizers. It seems like it takes them way to long to say the same thing espeak can say in a few seconds.
Thanks!
Pete

On 4/20/2016 6:57 PM, Arlene wrote:
I'll third that. don’t get rid of E Speak. It's very responsive.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: April-20-16 8:55 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] espeak

I second that. Don't get rid of e-speak. It's fast and responsive.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:30 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] espeak

no don't get rid of espeak! keep espeak but 1. improve edward and 2.
make edward the default voice and 3. let the edward ;voice be tweaked to make more klatt variants and 4. let edward voice have all pronunciation abilities of non-klatt espeak.

--
sent from Mozilla Thunderbird email client

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.