Re: New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

Ann Byrne

Is Skype Classic called Skype Classic, or something else? Where do I find it?

thx

At 10:09 AM 1/7/2018, you wrote:
I'm so glad there's an option for me, but I'm also really sad. I usually
save the conversations I have with my friend via text chat, and now I've
lost the last couple months worth of conversations because of this
change, as they will not be in the classic version when I reinstall. But
Skype is unuseable to me like this and that's just as bad.

On 7/01/2018 3:39 AM, Marten Post Uiterweer wrote:
Rich,

Remove your current skype installation and install the skype classic
version from this link: If you do not remove the old installation, you
will get two skype versions after installation of the classic version.
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards, Marten

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:32:53 -0000 "Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I've never had it force an update on windows 7. it always asks
to which I say politely no thanks.
I'm not sure how one gets the old version.
However there does seem to have been a long history with Skype
mucking it up on every update they do. I hardly ever use it these days personally, but for many years the tendency to hi jack the audio settings and not put them back afterwards seemed rather draconian to me.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-