as it should.

Thanks,

Antony.

On Sunday 07 January 2018 at 22:01:15, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Hi All,
Looking for a malware remover program that works well with NVDA that is
free or at a reasonable price. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Blessings
Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of ???
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 8:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] two suggestions about nvda on web

I agree your view.
If newer nvda or nvda-addon had a feature about make a tag by own on
graphic, for example, we will add a describe on graphic that is alt = ""
or no alt, the graphic should be show let us tag.

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

Rick 於 2018/1/7 下午 09:11 寫道:
There is a difference between the alt attribute not being present and
alt="" (null alt text) on a graphic. When the alt attribute is not
present, screen readers often default to speaking the filename of an
image. However, when alt="" is present, the image is ignored by screen
readers. This is by design. Alt="" is supposed to be used for images
that convey no content, but are decorative in nature. However, you bring
up a good point. It is impossible for screen reader users to navigate to
these graphics. Hence, if a screen reader user wanted to copy an image
with alt="" there would be no way to accomplish this. Perhaps NVDA could
provide an option to not ignore images with null alt text. Of course,
NVDA could only speak the filename of the graphic. If this option
existed, I would want to know if the image encountered would be one with
null alt text. I would assume the state of this option would be disabled
and that a user could enable it when desired.

Regarding collapsed vs expanded. Visually, when a section can be expanded
(hence, it is collapsed) a plus sign is displayed. Visually, a user
could click on the plus sign to expand the section or menu. Also, when a
section is expanded, a minus sign is displayed allowing a user to click
on the minus sign to collapse the tree. This is why your braille display
displays the way it does. The plus and minus characters do not indicate
the state of the tree or menu, but the action that can be taken.

Rick
--
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - stop exaggerating!"

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.