Re: Where are the pluggins?

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Tonea

speech viewer is part of nvda and can be found under the following section called tools then speech viewer. Do you know how to get into the preferences to get to the tools section if you do not use the nvda key + letter N then arrow down to tools then a sub menu will come off it and speech viewer been one of them.
It can be resized and moved if i remember right.

What nvda speaks will end up in it.

Also under the tools section if you look for manage add ons then press the enter key  it will take you into the add on manager.

Under that section you can look for a button called get add ons then press the enter key your browser will come up and take you to where the add ons are.. The add ons are the ones who have been checked by the people who then go through the code then post it there.

They are putting together a like data base of them in the one area but there may be others scattered on the net.

Gene nz

On 1/9/2018 3:52 AM, tonea.ctr.morrow@... wrote:

Good News! A manager has agreed to complete the paperwork to get the ball rolling on installing NVDA on my machine. But, I have to have my ducks in a row. Where do I go for these plugins Marshall talked about so I can point to price and location? They are “Focus Highlight” and “Speech Viewer”. I looked on the NVDA website and didn’t see them.

If anyone knows of another plugin I should look at, now would be the time. Remember, I’m sighted and trying to make our software and support documents handicap accessible. I need to have this turned in ASAP (as soon as possible).

Thanks,

Tonea

----- Original Message -----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marshall handheld Flax

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:55 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] Another Wording Question

I'd like to second Joseph's advice to actually install NVDA and see how it presents your application.  But in addition, as a sighted user you will probably want to do two things:

1. Install the "Focus Highlight" plugin -- it makes it *far* easier to visually see what NVDA is describing at any given point in time; and

2. Enable the "Speech Viewer" feature (under Tools in the NVDA menu) -- it shows everything going to the speech synthesizer, but it just appears in a scrolling window -- quite useful!

Marshall

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.