Re: Where are the pluggins?

Lino Morales

Speech Viewer is apart of NVDA already. I don't recall how to envoke that command.

On 1/8/2018 9:52 AM, tonea.ctr.morrow@... wrote:

Good News! A manager has agreed to complete the paperwork to get the ball rolling on installing NVDA on my machine. But, I have to have my ducks in a row. Where do I go for these plugins Marshall talked about so I can point to price and location? They are “Focus Highlight” and “Speech Viewer”. I looked on the NVDA website and didn’t see them.

If anyone knows of another plugin I should look at, now would be the time. Remember, I’m sighted and trying to make our software and support documents handicap accessible. I need to have this turned in ASAP (as soon as possible).

Thanks,

Tonea

----- Original Message -----

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marshall handheld Flax

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:55 PM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Subject: Re: [nvda] Another Wording Question

I'd like to second Joseph's advice to actually install NVDA and see how it presents your application.  But in addition, as a sighted user you will probably want to do two things:

1. Install the "Focus Highlight" plugin -- it makes it *far* easier to visually see what NVDA is describing at any given point in time; and

2. Enable the "Speech Viewer" feature (under Tools in the NVDA menu) -- it shows everything going to the speech synthesizer, but it just appears in a scrolling window -- quite useful!

Marshall