From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2018 3:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Malware remover working with NVDA

Since you use malwarebytes from time to time, why do you not keep it installed on your machine? Is there a problem with doing that?

Also, you say you "run malwarebytes when you need to". How do you know when you need to? Do you just hope that any malware shows itself as strange behaviour on your system, rather than just doing something sinister in the background?

Antony.

On Monday 08 January 2018 at 21:36:06, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Well I use malwarebytes to scan a system, but as for keeping it on the
system, no, windows defender handles a lot of the stuff one needs to
bother with and the more advanced stuff are just not accessible enough
for my liking.

And when they are, ie sophos, if we have a problem a false positive
its to quick to flag and then we have issues.

If a false positive is flagged, we need to exclude it reinstall the
program and hope it works or in the case of one of my friends that had
the issue, reformat, exclude and hope they don't have to reformat again.

I really don't care for antimalware tools anyway I run malwarebytes
when I need to but then its off again, it will handle a scan, and a
clear out as long as I don't give a stuff what I am deleting and usually I don't.
--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

- murble

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.