Re: New Skype Installation a Complete Disaster!

Yeah I know this, its a pitty ms discontinued skypekit.

I really think its high time for users to have a choice of some sort of interface controler software and something based on the core of windows, I don't see any reason we can run whatever interface we want since we basically do that with themes in windows.

I mean they do that in linux.

For example I don't see any reason I can't continue using windows xp or 7 for the rest of my life if I want or even win98, true having a different interface over my core means I probably will have less features in the interface and maybe less abilities but I can live with that, maybe you can switch interfaces I mean we have vertual desktops now so why not interfaces.

Or parts there of.

I will still use the same core subsystems, and in the background the same shells and security systems but I can switch how I want.

I like win10 apps interface for apps, I'd prefur the older control panel classic interfaces, the old win7 search box or even xp's start menu, non cluttered windows, no ribbons etc.

Classic skype and other things.

The older stuff was accessible.

I see no reason that this can't be done, it would be a theme extention at most, linux does it.

On 9/01/2018 10:24 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Before Microsoft took it over there used to be a basic system called Skype kit that any third party could use to write a front end around. If you recall GW Micro did just that, but I understand this facility was withdrawn.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-