From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Isige
Sent: January 10, 2018 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: Foobar 2000 (was RE: [nvda] What do we like for a media player besides Winamp?)

Thanks! I appreciate the investigation. I need to mess with Foobar more though I kind of like it, but I'm keeping my options open. Plus I usually install VLC for videos, so it would probably be handy to know my way around it, even if I don't use it as my main player.

On 1/8/2018 21:46, JM Casey wrote:
Well, that's odd. After alt-tabbing back to VLC, suddenly NVDA is able to identify elements, including the random button. I really have no idea why I could not observe this behaviour before. I sometimes have similar weirdness with JAWS where controls will not read correctly one moment, but revisiting the window later suddenly makes them visible. Damned if I know.

So John, it looks like you can actually do most of what you want with this programme, provided there's enough feedback.