Re: Unknown Content in Firefox

Brian's Mail list account

If the menues work and he is using windows 7, then I believe there is an issue here. The best plan is to downndate firefox to version 52 ESR and then see if that works. If it does, then its the bug due to the new Quantum interface and some windows 7 machine systems, notably 32 firefox on 64 bit 7.
If it fails to work on that version ie 52, then the problem is in the unregistered dlls, I'd say but in that case I'd expect IE11 to be stuffed as well.

You need to just change one thing at a time. Try the old version of Firefox first and report back.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 1:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] Unknown Content in Firefox

Hi,

I have a coworker who needs to be able to use NVDA and Firefox-we use it as part of our accessibility testing. Everyone else seems to be able to use NVDA 2017.3 (or 2017.4) with Firefox 57 with no problems.

However, every time he tries to use NVDA 2017.4 with Firefox 57, NVDA says the content of the page is "unknown". He says it works ok in Chrome and IE 11. He was also having the problem with NVDA 2017.3.

So far, we have tried de-installing NVDA and re-installing it as well as de-installing Firefox and re-installing it. Neither action fixed the problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem and been able to resolve it? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for what we might try next?

Thanks,
Tim

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.