trouble with signing in on windows 10

marvin kotler

Good evening list; first, running the latest nvda and windows 10 1709.  Was given this computer by a family member; it is a desktop.  The trouble I am having is when I sign into windows using a pin or four digits, that goes all right, but if I let the computer sit a few minutes, it returns back to default lock screen and I have to sign in again.  If anyone has any advice on how I can fix things so the computer keeps on running without me having to sign in again, I would like to know how to do this; thanks.
Marv