Re: Help with NVDA and Google Classroom

ely.r@...

Iván

Thanks for this. I started working with the suite this past week and found it easier than I had anticipated. Several years ago, I was at a AER conference and sitting with a very talented fellow blind user while she worked to check its screen reader accessibility. As she said, with three different screen readers used at different time, she could get about and do what she needed. That scared me enough to avoid it. Just goes to show that diving in to dark water is not always as dangerous as you think. Guessing too that Google and readers have shown some improvement.

Best,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Iván Novegil
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with NVDA and Google Classroom

Hello.

I’ve used Google classroom as  student for around two years without problems. The web interface is mostly accesible, although you need to turn on the focus mode in certain dialogs to access some sections or to enhance the experience. Same for the iOS app: it is in certain things less accessible/usable/complete than the web interface, but can be used with VoiceOver without special difficulties.

Note that classroom have certain of its aspects, specially those that involve file sharing,  integrated with GoogleDrive, so probably the user will need also GDrive knowledge.

regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
www.NVDA.es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

El 11 ene 2018, a las 17:40, ely.r@... escribió:

Morning All,

I have a middle school student who’s school uses Google Classroom for all email and sharing of information. So, time for me to gain skills. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for doing this that does not involve changing to Google’s screen reader. If not I would love any suggestions from folks who use elements of Google’s suite of programs.

Thanks for any help,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.