Re: Help with NVDA and Google Classroom

John Isige

FYI you can toggle focus mode in NVDA with NVDA-space. Also, you might
use single letter navigation toggle, NVDA-shift-space. See the user
guide, Chap. 6. Some of the single letter commands can be really helpful
depending on the specific website, e.g. navigating by separators might
work better for some sites than headings.

On 1/13/2018 11:39, ely.r@comcast.net wrote:
Help with NVDA and Google Classroom

Iván

Thanks for this. I started working with the suite this past week and
found it easier than I had anticipated. Several years ago, I was at a
AER conference and sitting with a very talented fellow blind user
while she worked to check its screen reader accessibility. As she
said, with three different screen readers used at different time, she
could get about and do what she needed. That scared me enough to avoid
it. Just goes to show that diving in to dark water is not always as
dangerous as you think. Guessing too that Google and readers have
shown some improvement.

Best,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely