punctuation set to none ... if you're reading : : : poetry anyway.
Played around with some different punctuation there for you to check
out. And yes, it will probably vary by synthesizer as well.

On 1/13/2018 10:41, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
This sounds like a Question for the Synth maker to answer to me.
I really do not know which software decides on the pauses, and whether
there is any way on some to insert silent spaces so to speak.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Giles Turnbull"
<giles.turnbull@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 4:20 PM
Subject: [nvda] The length of a stop

Hi all,

NVDA obviously pauses for commas and full stops (periods) but does
anybody have any ideas about how to increase the length of the pause?

I ask because I use NVDA for performing my poetry (I have a rubbish
memory so alternate poems I've memorised with ones I use NVDA to
perform). 99 percent of the time the regular pauses for comma and full
stop are fine, but there are a couple of poems where it'd be great if
I could get a double length pause for a full stop, or the combined
pause of a full stop followed by a comma.

If I try using such combinations there is no change to the pause and,
unless I set punctuation level to none, a line like "This is a test. .
To see what happens" actually says “This a test dot To see what
happens”. With punctuation level set to none it doesn't say the “dot”
but it doesn't pause any longer either.

Just thought I'd ask in case anybody has any ideas for how I could add
any extra pausing into the rendition of a line of text using NVDA :)

Thanks,

Giles
(Win10 and NVDA 17.4)