Re: New custom NVDA Add-on. Who ask to?

Didier Colle

Dear Daniele,

As far as I understands, the plover software translates a key stroke from the steno machine into a series of multiple regular keyboard key strokes.

I believe it is crucial to know what serie of regular key strokes are generated when you perform such a delete: is it just multiple times a backspace, or is it creating a selection (e.g., multiple times generating a <SHIFT>+<LEFT ARROW>) followed by a <DELETE> or <BACKSPACE> key stroke, or even something else.

Given my very limited free time, I did not have the opportunity to dive in the plover code. If you could have the developers give a description on this, that would be very helpful to do any testing from an NVDA point of view.

If I leave it checked, once pressed the "delete" button, NVDA reads just one letter of the deleted syllable.
That suggests to me that plover probably generates multiple backspaces (or multiple delete key strokes).
Is it always reliably one character spoken? Always the first or last character deleted? Or the character following the deletion?

Kind regards,

Didier

On 14/01/2018 18:37, Daniele Casarola wrote:
Thank you very much Joseph for your reply.

I know the option, “Handle keys from other applications”. I've experimented with it a bit. Both checked or unchecked it doesn't solve the issue.

If I leave it unchecked, once pressed the "delete" button, no audio feedback.
If I leave it checked, once pressed the "delete" button, NVDA reads just one letter of the deleted syllable.

Anyway, I have to leave it unchecked, otherwise I encounter other problems, the main one is that typing punctuation stops the voice. While I need that punctuation doesn't stop the voice and also it isn't red. I can obtein this only if I leave that option unchecked.

I'll contact the steno application developers and ask if they can contact you.

Do you confirm "info@..." is the right email?
I don't have your contact, under your profile detail I cannot find.

Thank you.