Re: Accessible online survey creation tool

ChrisLeo

I have used the preview version of Google Forms, but this last version sound more accessible with NVDA.
To move down or up an item go with arrows in one item you want move, for example move a question.
By NVDA's browser-mode put the cursor on the title of question.
Then press ctrl+shift+k to move up, or ctrl+shift+j to move down.
Automatically NVDA goes in focus-mode in the field of the title of the question your have moved.
Press NVDA+Space to review the position and check if the question has been moved.
These are some useful shortcuts:
Insert question: Ctrl + Shift + Enter (or holding Ctrl, press i then i)
Insert title and description: holding Ctrl, press i then h
Insert image: holding Ctrl, press i then p
Insert video: holding Ctrl, press i then v
Insert section: holding Ctrl, press i then b
Move item up: Ctrl + Shift + k
Move item down: Ctrl + Shift + j
Delete item: Alt + Shift + d
Duplicate item: Ctrl + Shift + d

Navigation
Move cursor up: Ctrl + k
Move cursor down: Ctrl + j
Show list of keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + /

Print: Ctrl + p
Find: Ctrl + f
Preview: Ctrl + Shift + p
Settings menu: Ctrl + e
Send menu: Ctrl + Enter

Editing
Undo: Ctrl + z
Redo: Ctrl + y or Ctrl + Shift + z
Move to next field: Tab
Move to previous field: Shift + Tab

Align left: Ctrl + Shift + L
Align center: Ctrl + Shift + e
Align right: Ctrl + Shift + r

Chris.

Bhavya shah, 01/05/2016 16:43:

Hi Chris,
Actually, I am making good progress on making a survey form using
Google Forms. One question that I have for now is moving and changing
the order of the questions, i.e. moving them up and down. Ctrl + Shift
+ K/J is something I don't know when to press as there is not specific
focusable option for an item or option.
Please help me in that respect, otherwise I will try to finish the
survey form for now.
Thanks.

On 5/1/16, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Hi Chris,
I am getting very confused with Google Forms. I cannot find links and
buttons to click and follow instructions from, and the keystrokes are
working in a weird way, perhaps something that I am unable to keep up
with or understand.
I would like to sincerely request you, or others, to please give me a
quick walkthrough of Google Forms or other accessible survey creation
services via any preferred medium. My contact details are all in my
signature.
I would truly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.

On 5/1/16, ChrisLeo <llajta@...> wrote:
Hi Bhavya,
What you think about google forms?
try and tell me if that's what you are looking for:
https://docs.google.com/forms
-.
Using the available shortcuts you can make a good survey.

Cheers.

Chris.

Bhavya shah, 01/05/2016 15:16:
Dear all,
I require to create an online survey about a certain potential
initiative and the amount of interest in it people may have, which may
include several question types - country combo box/dropdown, open
ended question edit box, radio button and check box, and an
introductory paragraph.
For this, I seek your advice and recommendations of a free online
survey creation service that could fulfill my purpose.
I do not need very advanced functionality, simply basic survey
creation, sharing and results analysis features would suffice.
I would really appreciate any assistance any of you may be willing to
give!
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards