Re: The length of a stop

Gene

the following message was sent to me by Tonea off list    .  I'm sending it to the list, with her permission, because it is of more general interest.

Gene

I checked out Windows Narrator and heard your problem on my own sample writing. The only thing I can think of is to code it as HTML. There should be a way to pause with HTML since they have timed forms and such. Just code it to pause for 1 second. I say that without knowing HTML, sorry.

A different approach is to see if you can insert a sound. If the screen reader reached the end of the line and read a silent sound file of one-half of one second and then continued, then the pause would be longer than a period by itself.

Just trying to offer ideas, even if I can’t offer a solution.

Tonea