Re: Issue installing latest Windows 10 update

ely.r@...

I will look at that. I have also downloaded the AFB intro from their web site and need to go through it as well. Great to have a wealth of materials available.

Dog guide, General, is saying “time to head to bed,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue installing latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

Because my tutorial set is strictly on NVDA features, a better tutorial for beginning screen reader users would be Basic Training module from NV Access.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of ely.r@...
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:07 PM

I will certainly post the results. I have avoided registry editing since registries appeared. Have you any tutorials to suggest?

So interesting about the Zip file. Downloading a file at a time, I was going to ask it you might consider doing just that.

I will be doing classes at our local library this spring on PC access and have decided on NVDA as the screen reader choice. There is a wave of us “baby boomer” seniors headed our way and many will lose vision as they age. Most of that generation will be regular long time computer users. At our ages many will no longer have access to rehabilitation equipment support as they will not be in the job market. They are not likely to want to give up their computer use, but may not have the $800 plus to invest in the other options.

I have also been working with Windows Magnifier in combination with NVDA as a means to create what Fusion offers, that is a way to move from enlarged display to speech as a process not a leap. In general, the two together work quite well.

I am so impressed with what the developers and supporters like you have managed to do. The tuff future ahead is to discover the paths that lead to long term ongoing development. The target does not stand still as demonstrated by the recent browser changes.

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:40 PM

Hi,

You’re welcome anytime. Just in case you do manage to fix this, do let folks know.

As for the tutorial: we’re at home stretch, and if things go as planned, all parts will be packaged into a zip file in February. Speaking of tutorial packaging: expect changes in one or more segments between now and February.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:38 PM

Joseph,

]Thanks for the response. Just wanted to join in saying huge thanks for “Welcome to NVDA.” Good to have so much information gathered into one place and presented in such a clear manner.

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:09 PM

Hi,

My guess is good as yours: registry.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:48 PM
Subject: [nvda] Issue installing latest Windows 10 update

Repeatedly, I have tried doing the most recent Windows 10 update. Get to the step where the installer asks me to uninstall this program as it cannot. The program at fault is, Window eyes 9.1. It is not listed as an installed program in Programs and Features, “add or remove”. I have searched the entire computer for Window Eyes and GW Micro remains and find nothing.

Is it possible that the installer is finding a remaining entry in the registry?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062

&413()  727-3038

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.