Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tiflotecnia vocalizer is marked as malicious by
symantec

Frankly I wish there were.

Its all after the fact.

The only thing I have been able to do, is exclude the folder or folders
including my programs backup folders, all my screen reader, blind
software, games and basically every other software that may or may not
especially bgt from being scanned.

On the next reformat or machines replacement I will have designated
folders for things then exclude these from ever being scanned as well as
some sort of unprocessed folder for stuff I am not sure of.

Thats hardly an compromise in fact thats putting me at a really great
deal of risk.

But its clear not only that some antivirus manufacturers are not only
not being accessible but they are targeting us on purpose, Now bgt can
be excused because aparently it was how it was written but for the rest
of it, I am not sure.

If it was safe to do so at this point I'd probably just delete my
security software, and firewall and everything just so I can use the
computer without my useless software making my life hell instead of
protecting me.

Before I was all for security but now I don't know, maybe its just to
much trouble or as much as being hacked into.

Every time I have a problem thats another program I have to reinstall,
another unknown trogen which doesn't make sence, possibly another
reformat to do due to corrupt system files.

I had that with norton.

Msse works right now because I have excluded just about everything that
its found so far including games, screen readers etc.

On 17/01/2018 9:06 p.m., Gene wrote:
You don't have to take such extreme measures nor should you just for this
problem. I'm sure there is a way to turn off protection while you run the
installer, then turn it back on. Some installers specifically tell you to
turn off protection before running the installer. There may be more false
positives with Windows Defender than their used to be but that's hardly a
major problem and the solution, if you want to continue to use the program
is either to turn off protection or, if it is flagging a running program,
to exclude the program from what the antivirus program scans. Generally,
antivirus programs have that ability. Windows
Defender probably does to.