NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Sharni-Lee Ward

I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.

Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.

This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.