Re: Keyboard Shortcuts List

Gene

But an important question that hasn't been discussed yet is, is there a pattern or principle of deciding what structure of short cuts should and shouldn't be used.  Quick navigation commands such as move by heading, skip blocks of links, etc., commands screen-readers use online have become standardized and it should be generally safe to say that using commands like alt shift and a letter wouldn't interfere with any screen-reader.  Control shift plus letter could conflict with Window-eyes commands and there are still many people using Window-eyes.  But I would think that a simple principle such as, use shift alt plus letter or number commands for web site short cuts would eliminate the need for studying or checking commands with JAWS and NVDA and, perhaps, Window-eyes and HAL.  Eliminating conflicts could be really tedious and cumbersome if not approached correctly so I think this needs discussion.