Portable version degrading

Roger Stewart

I've noticed over the past couple years that my portable install of nvda will sometimes degrade or get a bit corrupted over time all by itself while the installed version is always stable as a rock. Does anyone know why this is and is there any way to prevent this from happening? I use the portable copy to test a couple add ons and if the portable version corrupts, it can make it appear that the add on is defective or has a bug while it really doesn't. Deleting the portable copy and making a new one will clear it up. I also notice a few functions of nvda either don't work at all or nvda gets very sluggish in responsiveness and this all gets back to normal after a complete flush and remake of the portable version. As I say, this never has happened at all with my installed copy on the same computer.

Roger