Re: Reading messages in action center, settings, and so on.

Gene

I don't know but you might have saved a lot of time by using screen review or object navigation to skim the screen.

As far as messages in the actual center, I don't know about Windows 10.  My recollection about Windows 7 is that you can't read messages either at all or well enough to be useful.

From: John Isige
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:03 PM
Subject: [nvda] Reading messages in action center, settings, and so on.

Hi all. Is there a way to read messages in things like action center and
setup in Windows 10? I have Windows App Essentials, latest stable
installed. Let me describe what I'm talking about, because I think that
will help.

Today I saw in the system tray that "actions are needed". So I opened it
up. It opened up Windows Defender. Windows Defender said I needed to
check for updates. But the only way I found that out was by using NVDA-b
to read the entire screen, so I had to listen to a lot of extra stuff
first. Is there a quicker way to find and read those kinds of messages?