Re: Reading messages in action center, settings, and so on.

John Isige

Ah cool. Then they work just like the updates downloading in settings.
Thanks!

On 1/18/2018 16:05, Adriani Botez wrote:
Hey,

You can use object navigation for reading the messages very easy. Look after Object navigation in NVDA's user guide.

Best
Adriani

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von John Isige
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Januar 2018 23:03
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] Reading messages in action center, settings, and so on.

Hi all. Is there a way to read messages in things like action center and setup in Windows 10? I have Windows App Essentials, latest stable installed. Let me describe what I'm talking about, because I think that will help.

Today I saw in the system tray that "actions are needed". So I opened it up. It opened up Windows Defender. Windows Defender said I needed to check for updates. But the only way I found that out was by using NVDA-b to read the entire screen, so I had to listen to a lot of extra stuff first. Is there a quicker way to find and read those kinds of messages?