Re: Reading messages in action center, settings, and so on.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I just had a look in the windows action center I tabbed once and it put me in the messages where i could arrow down and up them to see what they were.

also in the same section if i tabbed a couple of times it gave me the option to clear it or all of them etc

Depending on some other stuff there are cases where object navigation may be used or screen review.

But did not need to use it here i am using windows 10 ver 1709

Gene nz

On 1/19/2018 11:03 AM, John Isige wrote:
Hi all. Is there a way to read messages in things like action center and setup in Windows 10? I have Windows App Essentials, latest stable installed. Let me describe what I'm talking about, because I think that will help.

Today I saw in the system tray that "actions are needed". So I opened it up. It opened up Windows Defender. Windows Defender said I needed to check for updates. But the only way I found that out was by using NVDA-b to read the entire screen, so I had to listen to a lot of extra stuff first. Is there a quicker way to find and read those kinds of messages?