From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blog post on Firefox 58.

It has nothing to do with superblind people nor with blind people at all, whom you generalize about and disparage by saying that they just offer opinions. I didn't look up such information because I thought there was unlikely to be another such add on. There are lots of blind people who use firefox who don't use sounds and they aren't, nor do they hold themselves out as super blind people.

If you finally looked something up, after this discussion has gone on for a month, fine. I'm glad you found something that may be useful. You can present such information without disparaging others. You can also express an opinion such as, some blind people are too intent on convincing others to do something another way. That isn't disparaging or dismissive.

As to the issue of sounds, my position is that if you use an older version of a browser which has stopped being supported just because of sounds, that is an overreliance on sounds. Sacrificing security for sounds when there are other ways to tell when a page finishes loading and of following downloads is, in my opinion, a bad idea. Things aren't ideal. In deciding whether to hear sounds or have a safer computer, I think choosing sounds is a bad choice. there is nothing superblind about it. If you disagree, fine. You can express your disagreement without being disparaging.