From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA next snapshot

To answer the original question, yes this is common enough - one difference
between the snapshot builds (next and master) and the stable releases, is
that in the snapshot builds, the error sound is played whenever any error
is encountered. Sometimes these may not actually affect the use of the
program in question (such as this one when you move to a Chrome window).
The recommendation is that the error sound can be a useful indicator of
when something goes wrong, but the real question is whether usage is
impacted. If something is going wrong from a user's perspective (ie,
something you would notice even if that sound wasn't played) then it should
be reported and investigated.

There was an issue created awhile ago around the ability to toggle whether
the error sound is played and you can read that conversation here:

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

They would need to know which version of Chrome it is and of course set
the log to debug and grab a copy of the offending bit and post it, not all
of it, not here at any rate!

Also what other add ons are in play and is the hardware pretty standard
or is there something specific that might otherwise be the issue. Also of
course the version of Windows 10 on the machine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-