Welcome to NVDA 2018: Part 1 complete package now available

Dear NVDA community,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of part 1 of Welcome to NVDA 2018 tutorial package. At the moment the mp3 file that covers introductory matters (such as what is NVDA, features, installing and updating NVDA and so on) can be found at:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/nvda18/1/nvda_tutorial_1.mp3

Eventually the file location will move, and once that happens, I’ll provide updated links. As noted earlier, I will indeed create a zip file containing all tutorial parts once all nine parts (plus some addenda) are completed in February.

Last minute changes: a segment that covers what NVDA is, basic definition of a screen reader, and a story of how NVDA began has been added.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Joseph