Re: Blog post on Firefox 58.

Robert Mendoza

In addition, I did tested this one time to my Windows 10 and nothing to be against in terms of the speed. However, upon downloading certain file the progress bar could not even heard in the background and not sure what exactly causing of no sounds of it.

Robert Mendoza
On 1/19/2018 8:40 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Unfortunately, some of the addons is not usable if you are using Firefox Quantum that somehow could not adhere as for specific function or purpose I do hope they would able to came up resolution to handle this problem in terms of accessibility. Wondering they would have predict this on hand cause seemingly impact lots of users. Not sure if anyone here reported this to the Mozillian space so that they are aware of.

Robert Mendoza

On 1/19/2018 7:16 PM, Clare Page wrote:

Hi !

I have used the Windows sound scheme for which a link was posted below for a ong time now, both with Internet Explorer and with Firefox, and I can report from my own experience that this sound scheme only adds browser sounds to Firefox if the Navigational Sounds Firefox add-on is used. Therefore, as I gather that Navigational Sounds doesn’t work with Firefox Quantum, the sound scheme won’t restore sounds in Firefox 57 or later, even though you will get other sounds for the rest of Windows if you use the scheme.

Sorry this doesn’t help people who prefer sounds in their web browsers, but I felt I should point out that the sound scheme mentioned below will not solve the problem of there being no sounds in the newest versions of Firefox and no possibility of installing Navigational Sounds as an add-on for those new versions.

Bye for now!

From Clare

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: jeudi 18 janvier 2018 16:14
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blog post on Firefox 58.

I did some digging for you! This is why I love blind people so much. Giving opinions rather than answering your question, to the person who is looking for the sound scheme. It's not worth hearing all opinions, much less explain it to a super blindy. :, don't bother with them. They are not worth a reply. Anyway, I did some digging for you and, although, it is not browser focused, it may help. It is a sound scheme for windows that covers the whole operating system, even web browsers. The link is below.

http://onj3.andrelouis.com/programs/44.1k%20-%20soundscheme%20for%20windows.exe