Re: NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, I got the log entry! Here is what it says.

INFO - __main__ (06:55:25):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Config dir: C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
NVDA version 2016.1
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using Windows version 6.1.7601 service pack 1 workstation
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using Python version 2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec 5 2015,
20:32:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using comtypes version 0.6.2
INFO - external:synthDrivers.ptenglish.SynthDriver.__init__ (06:56:00):
Using eSpeak version 1.48.03 04.Mar.14
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (06:56:03):
Loaded synthDriver ptenglish
INFO - core.main (06:56:04):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - braille.initialize (06:56:04):
Using liblouis version 2.6.5
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (06:56:04):
Loaded braille display driver freedomScientific, current display has 40
cells.
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (06:56:04):
Braille input initialized
INFO - core.main (06:56:08):
NVDA initialized
ERROR - queueHandler.flushQueue (07:37:52):
Error in func _handleUpdate from eventQueue
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "queueHandler.pyo", line 50, in flushQueue
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 674, in _handleUpdate
File "braille.pyo", line 1643, in handleUpdate
File "braille.pyo", line 904, in update
File "textInfos\offsets.pyo", line 346, in expand
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 314, in _getUnitOffsets
File "textInfos\offsets.pyo", line 328, in _getUnitOffsets
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 256, in _getParagraphOffsets
WindowsError: [Error 1775] A null context handle was passed from the
client to the host during a remote procedure call
INFO - core.onEndSession (08:44:56):
Windows session ending

On 2/05/2016 9:36 AM, Andre Fisher wrote:
You can do that.

1. Open the Run dialog (Windows+R).
2. Type %Temp% in the edit box and press Enter.
3. Press n until you hear nvda-old.log and open it.
4. You can copy the text to an email message and send it here.

On 5/1/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Windows 7, Ms word 2013 (although it doesn't always happen in Word. It
just did the last two times), NVDA 2016.1, the display is connected via
USB and I'm using the Unified English Grade 2 table for output and the
Unified 8 Dot table for input (unless I use the snapshot, because then I
use the experimental Unified table for output because it has
improvements that make reading easier for me).

I can't send an NVDA log file because NVDA isn't working when this
problem occurs and it only shows a log of the current session when I
open the log viewer. If there's a way to retrieve a previous log from
somewhere, I'd love to hear it.

On 2/05/2016 9:07 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

What version of Windows?
What version of MS Office?
What version of NVDA?
The Focus Blue is conected via USB or Bluetooth?
What Braille table are you using?

Can you send a NVDA log file?

Rui