From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blog post on Firefox 58.

In addition, I did tested this one time to my Windows 10 and nothing to
be against in terms of the speed. However, upon downloading certain file
the progress bar could not even heard in the background and not sure
what exactly causing of no sounds of it.

Robert Mendoza

On 1/19/2018 8:40 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Unfortunately, some of the addons is not usable if you are using
Firefox Quantum that somehow could not adhere as for specific function
or purpose I do hope they would able to came up resolution to handle
this problem in terms of accessibility. Wondering they would have
predict this on hand cause seemingly impact lots of users. Not sure if
anyone here reported this to the Mozillian space so that they are
aware of.

Robert Mendoza

On 1/19/2018 7:16 PM, Clare Page wrote:

Hi !

I have used the Windows sound scheme for which a link was posted
below for a ong time now, both with Internet Explorer and with
Firefox, and I can report from my own experience that this sound
scheme only adds browser sounds to Firefox if the Navigational Sounds
Firefox add-on is used. Therefore, as I gather that Navigational
Sounds doesn’t work with Firefox Quantum, the sound scheme won’t
restore sounds in Firefox 57 or later, even though you will get other
sounds for the rest of Windows if you use the scheme.

Sorry this doesn’t help people who prefer sounds in their web
browsers, but I felt I should point out that the sound scheme
mentioned below will not solve the problem of there being no sounds
in the newest versions of Firefox and no possibility of installing
Navigational Sounds as an add-on for those new versions.

Bye for now!

From Clare