that aren't in the default UEB table and more accurately reflects format
changes, among other things. The log I just sent, however, was made with
the official NVDA.

On 2/05/2016 9:45 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
What experimental Braille table is that? In what Snapshot it is included?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:37
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Hi,

Yes, NVDA freezes, and during the last two times this happened, Word froze
as well. Other things worked but my mother had to navigate the computer
because I could hear nothing. This is, however, not the only time this has
happened. I've had to deal with this frequently over the last couple of
months, and sometimes it was something as simple as activating the snapshot
and changing the Braille Output table from Unified English to the English
Unified Experimental table that would trigger this. I used to use the
Braille Display to read my Bible every day when I first got on the computer.
I have had to forego that practice because setting up the snapshot just
after startup almost always necessitated a restart of my computer.

How can I activate Narrator without having speech to begin with? If there's
a key command, I'd love to know it.

On 2/05/2016 9:15 AM, Gene wrote:

I'm not sure from your message what is occurring. You say that NVDA is
freezing but you also appear to state that Microsoft Word froze as well.
Does the program you are working in freeze along with NVDA? Are other
programs still running? Why not run narrator and shut down NVDA using task
manager and see if that allows things to return to normal. If you want to
use the Braille display before a solution is found, we need to try to
determine how to deal with the problem so you can continue to do what you
were doing without losing material.

De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.

Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!

On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.

Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again-shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.

This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.