Re: Portable version degrading

I hear you, I had 2 that went one just flagged out, the other got stuck doing a copy of something and it just locked so I unplugged it, and I can't even clean it off to restart so had to buy new ones.
Then there are the ones including my 64 bit so called usb3 drive that after using it to its fullest found it really slow.
Some smaller usb 3 drives do not have this issue and none of my usb2 drives have ever had this issue at all.

On 20/01/2018 3:17 a.m., tonea.ctr.morrow@faa.gov wrote:
A few years back, I had a job for three years where people brought me their files on USB thumb drives. These things are horrible in terms of long-life. The really do have to be unmounted prior to removing from the computer or they get corrupted. They physically fall apart easily. And, the hardware inside seems to be more vulnerable to static electricity data loss than other portable drives, certainly more vulnerable than most computers.

I would think that would be the problem.

Tonea