Re: Blog post on Firefox 58.

Sarah k Alawami

It can also get in the way for me to, and make what ever software I'm using seem more laggy. My mind says "please wait, busy" while I hear the click or bong or what not. If there is  a security patch for firefox or what not I'll update to it and lose the ability to hear any form of sounds if I use them. This way I can keep in conversation with the folks at firefox via twitter about what needs to change. I've ben doing this by the way.

On Jan 23, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

See Sarah gets it! I 2000 percent agree with you Sarah. Brian in England can’t get rid of his security blankie. I’ve been using FF without any sounds at all for years. It does get in the way.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blog post on Firefox 58.

I really don't see why you need navigational sounds. I mean you have our heading nav and you can tell when a page loads etc. To me they are  more of a pain than helpful. I'd say learn how to use your key strokes and pay attention to what's going on around you rather than rely on sounds.

Take care

On Jan 23, 2018, at 9:43 AM, J.G <jozko.gregorc@...> wrote:

Hello,

I posted a comment on this blog about sounds in future Firefox (see it) and MR Zehe replied me, that he has not known Navigational sounds addon until now and there is currently no plan to embed sounds into Firefox. So if we want this feature, we must contact developers and politely request this feature.

regards, Jožef