Re: Blog post on Firefox 58.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do not worry about me, I have asbestos underwear. What often happens on textual formats like this is people are direct in giving their opinions, that is fine, I just imagine them naked wearing a nappies and I have no further issues...:-)

Horses for courses and each to their own so to speak, but any reduction in choices is a bad thing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blog post on Firefox 58.

I do not know either of you but I am increasingly disturbed by the derogatory comments which are routinely appearing on the list and which personally makes uncomfortable reading for me. I have tried to ignore it but it is becoming tiresome.
I just wonder what the point is criticising Brian in this way? Visually impaired people have often used sounds to help them with access. Microsoft actually developed an entire Office sound Scheme recognising the usefulness of sound feedback for certain users. The fact that you are happy not receiving sound feedback is great but this does not invalidate other user prefernces or make them any less of a fine human being than you are. The strength of the Windows system over the years is that it has allowed flexibility of user interaction with the OS and applications and has not forced anybody into a straitjacket.
I Think you should avoid these judgemental personal criticisms of other users and their preferences.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog
https://www.westhamtillidie.com/authors/blind-hammer/posts

Sent: 23 January 2018 18:19
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

See Sarah gets it! I 2000 percent agree with you Sarah. Brian in England can’t get rid of his security blankie. I’ve been using FF without any sounds at all for years. It does get in the way.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I really don't see why you need navigational sounds. I mean you have our heading nav and you can tell when a page loads etc. To me they are more of a pain than helpful. I'd say learn how to use your key strokes and pay attention to what's going on around you rather than rely on sounds.

Take care

On Jan 23, 2018, at 9:43 AM, J.G <jozko.gregorc@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I posted a comment on this blog about sounds in future Firefox (see it) and MR Zehe replied me, that he has not known Navigational sounds addon until now and there is currently no plan to embed sounds into Firefox. So if we want this feature, we must contact developers and politely request this feature.

regards, Jožef

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.