Re: Checkboxes

Sarah k Alawami

I realize this to somewhere. I think I was on restream when it happened. I had to arrow back to the box to see if it was infact checked. I think the same thing also happened on discmakers  as well. I didn't change anything in nvda I don't think, so am wondering the same thing.

Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 32 gigs of ram, 6 ghz processer, 4 gig graphic card.

On Jan 24, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...> wrote:

Hi all,

something I've noticed fairly recently is that on some websites when I activate a checkbox it has stopped saying “checkbox checked” as I pres space bar to check it. I have to arrow back to make sure that it did indeed check (or uncheck).

I notice this mostly in WordPress where I use the checkboxes to select posts or media files I want to edit. It's not a WordPress only effect, but I don't think all websites have started doing this.

I'm just wondering whether it's a change in certain websites including WordPress or whether there's an NVDA setting that I've accidentally turned off that let me hear "checkbox checked" at the time I press the space bar on a checkbox.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Giles