A weird problem with NVDA

Debra Gardner

Hi:  I'm new to this list so thought I'd throw out my problem for your consideration.  As of a little over a week ago, NVDA stopped reading web pages-with any browser-; doesn't read context menus; start menus and taskbars; the bodies of emails-both received and written-; things in my control panel.  It does read my desktop and system tray and folder lists.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.  I have done the thing suggested on the tutorials list to re-register the dl files.  I am using windows 10 64-bit  fall creator's edition.  NVDA  didn't have any problem with any updates.  the only thing I installed recently was a dictionary program that turned out not to work with Windows 10.   It just says :unknown"  or is silent.  I'm using a different screen reader to write this.Any suggestions?