Re: Firefox odd one

Gene

The ESR version doesn't update to a regular version of the program.  The point of the ESR is to provide security updates and leave the actual program the same for a year.  Hence the description, extended release.  It will upgraqde to the next enxtended realease version whn it becomes available.

If you are behind, running an old version, it is common to have to update to an intermediate version, then you immediately update again.  You will then have the current version.

Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox odd one

You will probably find that as the esr came out after yours even though it
has an earlier number they have stopped it from updating to58. I had a
similar issue from 54 to 57. Personally I'd try to go back to 52 and allow
it to update the ESR to the latest fixes. I find this version works great
and none of the drawbacks you get in the new Quantum interface system.
 I'm sure they will fix it, but although 58 is actually working mostly,
those who read hear will know the problems I still have with its design and
usability. If none of this matters simply download the latest 58 version and
see what you think. Apart from having to reinstall add ons if you go back
nothing else gets lost.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.