Re: CD ripping software that works well with NVDA

Gene

The current version of CDEX, as do so many free programs now, is bundled with other software you probably won't want and some of what you may get is questionable.  I don't know if Checky (spelling) will stop the installations.  Because of accessibility problems with the way the extra options are displayed, you likely won't see them during the installation and won't be able to refuse them yourself.  If you are going to use CDEX, either use an earlier version, if compatible with Windows 10, or wait to see if list members can furnish the current version without the exstra programs.  Or wait for news about Unchecky or, of course, you could get sighted assistance during the installlation.

Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] CD ripping software that works well with NVDA

Hello,

Exact audio copy and CDex are the two most popular and accessible.  I began
with CDex and liked it a lot when I still used windows for such things.
Exact audio copy is the favourite of purists and audiofiles because out of
the box it has extremely strict error checking.  CDex can do this, but
needs to be set up for it and at that, it takes longer than EAC to rip with
strict settings.

Hope this helps,

Erik

On January 28, 2018 9:14:06 AM "Steve Nomer" <swnomer@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a large number of CDs that need to be ripped. Are there some good
rippers out there that work well with NVDA? Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve