Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] CD ripping software that works well with NVDA

Hi Roger, Here is how to get wma to rip music automatically or only when you wish.  I use nvda when doing this.
This is a section out of a book I recently finished.

Action Steps
This activity is divided into three  sections.

Section One, covers setting "Windows Media Player" to automaticly rip a CD to the "music" folder on a desktop or lapt op running Windows Seven.

Section Two, addresses the ripping process.  Finally, section three covers Locating the “music folder” where WMA stores audio files by default:

Through out this document "start button" will be referring to the "windows key."
1.  *I.  Setting Windows Media Player to auto rip a CD:
1. Open WMP by using the hotkey shortcut key combination just created.
If the hotkey was already created that is even better for you.
This should be alt-control-m.

2.  Press alt-T to open the tools menu.
3.  Type the letter o to access "options."
4.  Press control-tab together until reaching the "rip music" property sheet.
5.  Tab three times until reaching "format."  The default is   "Windows Media Audio (WMA.)"
6.  Arrow down to your choice.  I recommend "mp3."
7. Tab once to a checkbox for telling "Windows Media Player" to aut o rip a CD when inserted into the CD-rom tray.
If the check box is unchecked, press space once to check the box.
8.  Next is a check box for determining if the CD-rom opens when finished.
I have this checked.  That way I know when a rip has been successful.
I recommend checking the box.  So tab once and tap space once.
9.  Tab to "apply" and hit enter.

10.  Tab across to “okay” and tap enter.  The cursor returns into the WMP's program screen.
The next section covers ripping the cd and locating where those files were placed.

*II. Ripping a CD when WMP is set to "automatically rip":
1.  If available, open WMP by using the customized hotkey combination of alt-control-m.
2.  Locate the eject button on the CD-rom tray and press it .
When using a laptop, this action cause the tray to will open a little.  If on a desktop, the tray opens completely.
3.  When using a laptop, gently pull out the tray and insert a CD to rip.
4.  If using a laptop, gently push close the tray until hearing a small click. If using a desktop, press the ject button again.

5. In a short time the CD- rom can be heard ripping con tent to your computer's music folder.
When finished, the tray will open.
6.  Remove the CD and store it  away.
7.  Close the CD tray.

*III.  Locating the “music folder” where WMA stores audio files by default:
There are two places this folder can be found, depending on a user’s preference.
Some wish the music folder to appear on the desktop.
However, a music folder is created by default under the “owner’s” menu when installing Windows.
Method One:
Locating Music in the “Owner’s Menu.”

1.  Press the start button.
2.    Tab once.
3.  Press the letter M unt il reaching "Music."
4.  Tap enter to open this folder.
5. If WMP could find a title for the ripped CD, a folder by that name will be created.  A sub-folder with the same name will also be created.  In that sub-folder will contain your content just ripped.
Arrow down to your choice to hear and tap enter.

If no CD title was available, WMP will create an unknown folder containing a sub-folder with the same name.
Select a folder and hit  enter.
Locate the sub-folder and tap enter.  You will find all that ripped content.

Method Two.  Locating the Music Folder from the desktop:When finished with this
1. Press windows key, (start button), along with letter m for accessing the desktop.
2.  Tap the letter m until reaching “music.”
3.  Hit enter to open this folder.
4. If WMP could find a title for the ripped CD, a folder by that name will be created.  A sub-folder with the same name will also be created.  In that sub-folder will contain your content just ripped.