Re: CD ripping software that works well with NVDA

Gene

What version of Windows are you using?  I don't think older versions run in Windows 10, although others may have tried earlier versions and may know whether they do or not.

Also, is there a portable version?  If so, it probably doesn't try to install anything because portable versions of programs, by definition aren't supposed to change the system they are running on and don't actually install.  All a portable installer is supposed to do, if it does anything, is allow you to place shortcuts to the program on your computer so you can run the program from places like the programs list and the desktop.

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] CD ripping software that works well with NVDA

Thanks for all the discussion on CD rippers!

If anyone can point me to a crapware-free version of CDEx, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Steve

On 1/28/2018 9:43 AM, Gene wrote:
The current version of CDEX, as do so many free programs now, is bundled with other software you probably won't want and some of what you may get is questionable.  I don't know if Checky (spelling) will stop the installations.  Because of accessibility problems with the way the extra options are displayed, you likely won't see them during the installation and won't be able to refuse them yourself.  If you are going to use CDEX, either use an earlier version, if compatible with Windows 10, or wait to see if list members can furnish the current version without the exstra programs.  Or wait for news about Unchecky or, of course, you could get sighted assistance during the installlation.

Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:37 AM

Hello,

Exact audio copy and CDex are the two most popular and accessible.  I began
with CDex and liked it a lot when I still used windows for such things.
Exact audio copy is the favourite of purists and audiofiles because out of
the box it has extremely strict error checking.  CDex can do this, but
needs to be set up for it and at that, it takes longer than EAC to rip with
strict settings.

Hope this helps,

Erik

On January 28, 2018 9:14:06 AM "Steve Nomer" <swnomer@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a large number of CDs that need to be ripped. Are there some good
rippers out there that work well with NVDA? Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve