Re: It is accomplished: Welcome to NVDA 2018 is now COMPLETE!

Gene

Your download was much slower than mine.  We don't know why.  It isn't a band width issue.  I got download speeds last night, perhaps thirty minutes after the e-mail was sent or an hour after, of about 500kbps and the download took about eighteen minutes.  We don't know why the download was so slow in your case.  Again, you often generalize from one performance experience.  You often can't. You can say this was your experience but without more information, you often can't say more than that.  If others have such problems, then a new host might be in order but since we have received no other complaints and given the interest, probably fifty or one-hundred or more people may have downloaded it by now, no such evidence is known.

   From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] It is accomplished: Welcome to NVDA 2018 is now COMPLETE!

A faster site isn't needed.  People simply have to not expect everything instantly in this childish instant gratification of everything culture.  It took me about eighteen minutes to download the material.  Tragic that it took so long.  So I did other things while the download occurred.

Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 4:03 AM

Hi Joseph, One thing to warn people about the download from that location is
only running about 1.2mb a second so its going to be quite a long download.
 What is needed is a faster site.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.