Please explain this info I got about NVDA!

David Moore

Hi all,

I was talking to a friend on Facebook. She is a programmer. This went over my head. We were talking about python and NVDA. I will put right below what she said, so you can comment on it, because this is so over my head! She really wants to get involved with the NVDA project.

Here is what she said.

I am a fan of Python as a primary language for a system.  Something like NVDA should have a C++ core with language-of-choice wrappers.  Python is having trouble evolving without completely changing the language, which leaves the risk of building a future of dead, legacy libraries quite high.  It reminds me of what happened to FORTRAN.  Moreover, Python is joy well suited to continually running, closed loops services like NVDA would be.

that said, upgrading to Python 3 is a helpful step that MUST be done.  It is unfortunate that Python was the initial language of choice because this will have to be done again in the coming years.  By the time all is said and done, Python will end up looking looking like "JavaScript without curly braces", which implies the question, "why not have just adopted JavaScriptNode.js in the first place?"

Please explain all of this, and I hope it makes sense to you what she is saying.

She is really interested in NVDA being a programmer herself.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10