Re: Substitute punctuation marks with sounds

Rayn Darren <rayndarren@...>

I totally agree, this is a fantastic idea for an addon! An addition would be a sound when encountering an open bracket, if in fact there is a closing one the sound would be different then a non-paired bracket. I know nothing about python and have worked very little with sound, but would love to both learn and help with this, how do we go about getting it made?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Damien Garwood
Sent: Friday, February 2, 2018 2:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Substitute punctuation marks with sounds

Hi,
NVDA itself can't do this.
Having said that, in my opinion, that is a pretty darn cool idea for an
addon. Replacing symbols, letters, or even whole words/strings with sound
effects.
I know JAWS has, or at least used to have, a feature like that. I had tons
of fun with it. Never thought it could come into practical use though. But
yeah. Certainly as a developer, trying to find stray or missing braces,
brackets, parentheses, quotes, improperly escaped characters etc is very
tricky, and either involves arrowing through character by character, or sit
there and listen to it read the whole line including punctuation, which gets
rather tedious rather quickly.
Cheers.
Damien.